Traveling is still a hard-to-give up thing despite the ad infinitum bearish economy. Even before summer, people have already started blocking off their calendars for weekend getaways and full-on trips usually to places where there is sand, clear water and relaxing views. But there is also that question holidaymakers are perennially plagued with – where to go? Should one join the bandwagon and go where everyone else is going? Or try the “Beach not taken”?
There are some who are taking on roads that are less travelled, very far from the urban lifestyle. This mentality would usually lead to nerve-wracking adventures just to get to the hidden virgin beaches or simply a great and safe hideaway that you can get to any time. Such is the Anantara Island resorts in Maldives.
Anantara resort usually comes to people’s minds when one mentions Maldives Islands. Maldives has the award winning resorts in South Male atoll and Baa atoll which includes Anantara Dhigu Resort & Spa, Anantara Veli Resort & Spa and the Anantara Kihavah Villas. Anantara Maldives has unspoilt islands with crystal clear water and serene atmosphere.
Here are more interesting and offbeat facts about Anantara Maldives:
1. Anantara is a Sanskrit word which means “the flow of water without borders”.
2. Amazing lagoon that even the most beautiful photos do not do its justice.
3. It won several awards such as Leading Family Resort, Luxury Villa, Traveler’s Choice and Best Lovers’ Retreat.
4. Award-winning Anantara Overwater Spa at Anantara Dhigu.
5. The Anantara Kihavah Villas is located next to a UNESCO marine biosphere reserve, Hanifaru Bay.
6. Creative Maldivian-style thatched-roof pavilion overlooking the lagoon – perfect for dining in with your loved ones.
7. The Anantara Veli Island resort with Ayurvedic Spa system to improve one’s health and wellness.
8. Uniquely painted buggies to ride you anywhere in the island.
9. Extraordinary all-water accommodation that no other island can offer. String of Corals at your stair steps. Floors and sides are made of glass for an amazing view outside and underwater.
10. Underwater restaurant with its colorful fishes, variety of corals and stray turtles or dolphins.
11. Plenty of activities to do; swim in the 49-meter main pool, lounge at Manzaru pool bar, enjoy the sumptuous buffets at plates and be entertained by Chefs or just enjoy the sunset at the Sky Bar. You can also have fun with the hammock in the middle of the lagoon, a swing, guest cocktails and marine biology classes.
12. Exclusive picnic island, Gulhi Fushi, where you can kayak or swim to.
Indeed, Anantara Maldives has now become the basis of comparison for “must-see places” in Asia. Once you’re there, take in a deep breath of the palm-tree perfumed air and sea breeze. Feel the world slow down as you relax and take pleasure in the serene atmosphere. Experience the breathtaking beauty of nature – your room at the luxury resorts is ready and waiting for you.